Professional Bicycle Assembler/Technical support Agent – North America
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Head Office, Toronto, ON Canada
Experience: Professional bicycle assembly, packaging of fragile goods, inventory management, general warehouse/shipping experience, technical experience supporting retailers and end consumers
3T Cycling produces the world's finest and lightest bicycles and equipment with a focus on gravel and road racing: ultimate performance for everyone who loves to ride.
The company seeks to reinvent what your bike is capable of. We are currently looking for a professional bicycle assembler to join our dynamic team.
The role of assembler is to provide retailers and end consumers with a bicycle built to meet the standards inline with the engineering and design of the 3T brand.
The priority of this role is bicycle assembly, shipping and warehouse tasks. When weekly assembly and warehouse duties are complete there will be opportunity to assist the 3T Technical Support Team with fielding technical inquires via phone, email, and website ticket forum. In this role, the assembler will work with the highest quality carbon bicycle frames and components the market has to offer. The standards of assembly must meet the standards of 3T engineering and design. This role requires extreme attention to detail with a complete understanding of bicycle mechanics and safety.
The impact of this role will be felt throughout the Canadian sales network and beyond.
This is truly a compelling opportunity for an ambitious bicycle technician who has paid their dues in a workshop or team truck. The role is based in our office in Toronto, Canada which supports partners and consumers in the United States, Canada and South America.
Reporting to the Operations Department of 3T Bike America, the Assembler/Tech Support Agent is responsible for:
- Bicycle assembly from frame to finished bicycle, in detail:
- Packaging of complete bicycle and other components ensuring safe transit
- Managing packaging material inventory
- Shipping and receiving, providing Supply Chain Team with receiving counts and the tracking of outgoing shipments
- Maintaining an organized and efficient workshop
- Managing assembly tool inventory
- Proactively working towards increased assembly speed while still maintaining the highest standards for safety and function
- Provide technical answers to inquiries from dealers and end consumers; identify problems, research solutions, and deliver clear guidance
- Manage and resolve customer issues by recommending products and/or services that will improve their bike build and enhance their overall cycling experience
- Establish, build and strengthen relationships with existing and new dealers/customers
- Manage and resolve dealer/customer concerns by recommending products and/or services that will improve their businesses and our product output
- 3 – 5 years of work experience as a bike mechanic, either for a team or in a workshop
- Deep technical knowledge of bicycles and bicycle parts
- Understanding of the safety aspects of bicycle assembly and service
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and execute expeditiously on multiple priorities
- High attention to detail and deliver superior quality of work
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Wheel building, lacing truing an asset
We are a global company with three regional customer service offices (Italy, Taiwan, Canada) and 20+ service centers. Founded in Turin in 1961 as Tecno Tubo Torino (Turin Tube Technology), 3T has always been renowned for the quality, simplicity, and beauty of its products.
3T has a track record of being ‘first': first to introduce many modern alloys to cycling, first to produce a dedicated aerobar, first to win the ID design award, first to introduce dedicated gravel wheels and first to introduce an aero gravel frame. And first in countless competitions alongside the great champions of cycling — in the Tour de France and Giro d'Italia, one-day Classics, Olympics, World Championships, national championships, and Ironman Triathlons.
Passionate about staying first, 3T continues to invest human and financial capital in exploring new ways of making products that excel in quality, simplicity, beauty and sustainability, under the stewardship of co-owners René Wiertz and Gerard Vroomen.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. If you are a qualified applicant, you will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada